Sunday, September 25, 2016

Another Successful Outing

I haven't been able to swing a solo fishing trip yet, though I have researched the area and know just where I want to go when the window opens. I look forward to that.

For now, though, I'm having a blast right near home with my fishing buddy, Sebastian.

Even for a three-year-old fishing can be a contemplative sport.


Until the bobber darts out of sight and it's time to jump up and do the fish dance.


This was his personal best Bluegill. So far.


I still put the piece of nightcrawler on the hook and take the fish off the hook, but he does the rest. He figured out pretty quick that the good fish are close to the dock.


Like this one.


And it's Fall, and the leaf hatch is underway, so he's learning to deal with that. This one was a whopper of a sycamore leaf.


That big round red and white bobber is his favorite. Now and then, though, he likes to try the Mickey Mouse bobber, maybe for luck. I got it for his Aunt Laura when she was a little girl some thirty years ago. It has never floated upright, and it didn't bring Sebastian any luck this time either. But I love seeing him using it.


On this trip I was fishing the whole time, too. I had a big wad of nightcrawler on a good-sized hook about three feet under a bobber, and I cast it out as far as I could. There were fish under the dock, but I wanted to see what I might find out in open water.

The answer was "nothing." Sebastian outfished me again. In my book, that's another successful outing.

1 comment: