Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Enjoying the Weather

It was Sunday evening on the river. I was fishing the deeper water near the bridge for the second time. Earlier, I had explored its rocks and channels close up; now I was probing them with the weighted fly as thoroughly as I could.

After that first pass through the run I had ranged up the river farther than my first trip here. I found some more good looking water, but no fish. If I was going to find any fish at all this day, it would be here in the bridge run.

A man came to the bridge. He looked like a young farmer, maybe taking a walk, or crossing the covered bridge to check out his fields on the other side. He saw me and stopped.
     "Doing any good?" he called.
     "Nope," I had to admit.
     "Enjoying the weather, though?"
     "For sure."

He wished me luck and started across the bridge, his footsteps echoing off the old planks. I went back to enjoying the weather and everything else that goes with fishing through a golden Autumn evening on a quiet country river.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice blog. This is my first visit here and wanted to say hello........... Interested in the fly pattern showed among all the nice pictures.

    I have added your link to my Blogroll. Maybe we can share some readers.

    www.flyfishintimes.com

    ReplyDelete