Friday, December 8, 2017

Ushering In Winter With The Wood Between

We're in the deep freeze right now. It came fast with daytime temperatures in the 60's one day and then dropping into the 30's over the next two days. Night time temps are in the teens. To cap it all off snow is predicted for Saturday.

Now, I like winter, but it does take some time for me to adjust to the change and anticipate the pleasures of the season. I hope to keep fishing on the good days when they come, and I plan to get out to enjoy the particular beauty of the winter landscape. But I'm not ready yet.

A pleasant boost in this adjustment phase has come from some recent winter-themed posts on The Wood Between. I look at these works of art and suddenly I can hardly wait for winter.

Chris Wormell

Yuri Vasnetsov

William Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment