Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Looking Up

It was raining when I got to Yellowwood even though the forecast said it wouldn't.


After a brief wait it quit...


...just long enough to get out on the water. Then some more rain blew in.


I was making the loop again and by the time I was ready to cross over the rain had quit for good.


I was trying a variety of flies, a luxury I can indulge in again with my new eyes. I wasn't having any luck, though.


Then the waxing moon came out from behind the clouds. The moon has been a faithful companion on many of my fishing trips.


It was shining brighter by the time I got to the dam.


The big white mays were hatching again. Last year at this time a whole passel of smallish bass were all over them. I had on a stimulator and last year that would have pulled up a few bass. This year it pulled up a passel of bluegill.


I enjoyed that. But I couldn't help wishing the bass had been doing what I had been doing: looking up.


1 comment:

  1. Jim
    Impressed with the fly pattern, glad you were able to connect with some decent gills---beautiful lake images. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete