Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Lake Gave Back

The road that runs the length of Yellowwood Lake is closed. Fortunately the south end boat ramp is accessible. The first time I got there after the closing, though, everybody and their second cousin was there. It was the first break in the weather after a long spell of rain, so it made sense. But I had also forgotten my Sunday rule: Don't even try. I went home.

On Monday I went back and found it just fine. It's good to be retired. I let myself be drawn into the long closing of the day, and gave myself to the lake. As always, the lake gave back.


1 comment:

  1. Sure look forward to reading all your posts, but especially, those of fishing and float tubing on Yellowwood. Love the variety of fish caught, and, the scenic views. Keep up the great work.............

    ReplyDelete