Saturday, July 1, 2017

Smartest and Dumbest Takes On the Float Tube So Far

A few weeks ago I went back to that Lake Monroe access. It still seemed that there should be some bass in there, but I found none. Not even the carp were active. In addition, maybe because it was after a busy weekend or because of wind direction or something, the water was not only muddy but covered with a film of oil and gas. Not my cup of tea.

It still seems to be a popular place for kayakers. I passed a mother and her young daughter in their kayaks. As usual, they were intrigued by the float tube. The mother took a good look and then said the smartest thing I've heard from anybody yet: "It's just a little kayak!"

Three young guys came out in kayaks bristling with fishing rods. Later, in the evening, I was fishing a shallow backwater when they passed by in the nearby channel. They asked if I'd had any luck--which I hadn't--then admitted they hadn't either.

Then one of them said the dumbest thing I've heard so far about the float tube: "Are you standing up in that thing?"


1 comment:

  1. Jim, water that color and stained to boot used to leave a pretty permanent ring on the bottom of my tube that took some scrubbing to get it off. Hope you didn't have to that much after fishing. Thanks for sharing your tubing adventures, I sure miss mine!

    ReplyDelete