Friday, August 11, 2017

The Right Place At the Right Time

I'm back at Clear Creek. I've tied up a black version of the muddler.   


I get nothing as I work my way downstream. Is the fly too dark? It seems that the creek flow is down a tick. Maybe that's it.


At the island I find confirmation that the flow is down. The right channel isn't getting any water. Good to know as I learn the ways of this creek.


Not even the riffle and run gives up a fish this day. 


I go around the bend, farther than I have yet. It's good to get wet in some new water.


I turn around and head back.


I find two geodes that are too big to lug home. Someone else will want them.


I take one more pass through the place where I started. This time, though, I have the natural deer hair fly on the tippet. It brings me a fish.


Is it because the fly is lighter in color? Or is it because it's dusk now? Are there other factors at work that I'm not aware of?


Who knows? I won't lose any sleep over it.


Because sometimes it's just being in the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment