Thursday, June 7, 2018

Bass Night

This was just last night. It was a perfect evening, warm and calm.


I found a nice bobber but I didn't need it. I tied on a plastic worm rig and never took it off.


I got interest in it right away along the east side. Lots of pulls by bluegill and a few little bass that came undone or flipped off the hook.

I crossed over to the shadow side. I have never fished this west shoreline exclusively with a plastic worm. I decide to rectify that.


Lots of hits and pulls again and a few hookups.


Sometimes my eagerness got the best of me. I hooked up with a big bass. I don't know if it was another 7 pounder, but it acted the same and felt the same. I got one look at it when it lunged out of the water and threw the hook.

This was my next cast. Just a little rattled.


I started fishing down the dam and right away got another heavy bass on the line.


Easily the second best bass of the season measuring a hefty 19 inches.


I drifted on down the dam through calm pockets of rose-scented air looking for another bass like that. Now I know that the next cast could actually be the one for the bass of a lifetime.


The smaller bass kept me busy as I continued my quest.


I fished on past the peanut gallery on the lip of the spillway, and got one more bass on the stretch where I caught the big one.


That was fun. I'm going to do this again--maybe tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment