Friday, October 6, 2017

Bring the Chubby

Back to Clear Creek. I went upstream to begin. The Purple Chubby was still on the line so I decided to see how it would do on the creek. Flipped it out, let it sit, and a little smallie was all over it. After that it seemed everything in there wanted a crack at it, including one of the better smallmouths in recent trips. It made a pop just like a bluegill when it sucked it in.


There was no way I was taking the chubby off at the riffle and run. I fished it down to the long pool. No smallmouth, but it got the attention of a couple more little fish. I made one more pass with an articulated muddler, just in case, but that didn't bring up any smallmouth either. Time to go.


Note to self: make sure to bring the chubby next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment