Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Signs and Wonders

A warm afternoon and evening at Yellowwood fishing the shorelines under dogwood and redbud. Black Crappie flashing on stripped streamers. Bluegills popping a muddler variation fished high and dry. It was my go to fly for the trout in my lake in Washington; seems appropriate that the bluegill would like it here. Then the first largemouth on a dry fly this season. A skinny little fish that hit the muddler with relish. That's a milestone. To top it all off, loading up the truck in the gloaming I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. But it was indeed what I thought I was seeing: fireflies glittering in the trees. Signs and wonders.

2 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of fish, Jim........ Looks like the fish are turning on for you at a great time to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete