Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" by William Butler Yeats

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh3o9f3YN3aZLMiC_an35tgdLzO4meCKH52xozGDANrxHLCudlBlxf-LnFWTb3ptw7iRzUeCqaT_bXALaRpc81mr9SUoMilxl6j7kcrHUmXhNM-il9PKC5Y4uenMOPhSv2FeyRM10YzHuPw/s1600/0klimt-the-kiss.jpg
"The Kiss" Gustav Klimt


Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.



"He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" by William Butler Yeats. Public Domain.


1 comment:

  1. Jim, thanks for sharing. This hit home with me!

    ReplyDelete