Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A Good Explore

I go back to Clear Creek. The weather has been mild and I still have hopes of finding a smallmouth somewhere. I go upstream and begin at the log jam run. On the way in I see small fish bolting at the sight and sound of me hurrying along the high bank.


After a thorough search of the water column--they bolted somewhere else--I turn and start upstream again.


I'm going to take the opportunity to explore some more of this stream. With the leaves and underbrush thinned out you can get the lay of the land much easier. You can also find new landmarks like this monarch of the forest, now in repose.


I follow a deer trail for a quarter of a mile or so.


I find a small feeder stream. It flows out of a stone-built opening under the ridge. Or is that an old road or rail bed up there? My curiosity is piqued. 


But it's also piqued by this stretch of new stream. I decide to explore the stone work another day and wade into the current.


There are chubs here. I think each one might be a little smallie until I get it in close.


I enjoy myself wading downstream fishing all likely looking spots and looking for new runs or holes.


Fish of the day.


I get back to the log jam and use up the last of the daylight exploring the deep pool some more.


I head for the truck as the moon rises through the trees. It's one day away from being the full super moon.


But it will do for tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment