Sunday, May 13, 2018

No Jacket Necessary

The red buds were in full bloom along the road to the boat ramp at Yellowwood.


It was one of the early really warm days. I began to work around the shoreline with a bead head leech.


Something round floated by: a brand new turtle. This took me back. I had a succession of turtles just like this one as pets in my childhood. I put this one back in its natural habitat and wished it luck growing old.


The wind was frisky. I made it down the east shore in a juffy.


Just before crossing over I found a nice crappie.


The lake showed signs of the recent thunderstorms. New leaves had been stripped from the trees. Their delicate beauty was short lived but appreciated.


On the west shore I switched to a little muddler dry. There were a few bluegill awake but they were shy.


I got one on a nice popping take.


I fished out the evening without another fish, but it was a lovely evening. I took this photo to mark a milestone of the young season: this was the first evening I didn't need a jacket.


1 comment:

  1. Nice day fishing. We all had little Redears didn't we.

    ReplyDelete