Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Growing On Me

I came on my own to Griffey Lake and had a lovely evening. It felt like summer. I had found another yellow streamer, and it was as effective as it had been at Yellowwood.

Off the first rocky point as you head north along the west shoreline I found three bass in quick succession. I thought I might have found the glory hole, but that remains an open search.

I added a couple more sunfish species to my catch list with some Pumpkinseeds and Redears. I still miss trout, and I was still looking for that big bass, but the sunfish family does grow on you the more you catch them.


2 comments:

  1. That is just a beautiful day and evening to be on the lake. Your Yellow Streamer sure worked for the variety of species in this lake. Now, you have me thinking Yellow here in Colorado. This lake does not appear to be crowded............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually is quite crowded. Many people come out to rent boats and kayaks and canoes, ans there are always a few fishermen's boats about. I take my photos with an eye to leave them out. Just trying to emphasize the natural beauty.

      Delete